The iPhone is one of the most popular smartphones available today. However, this popularity also brings unwanted attention from hackers and criminals who are looking to steal your personal information. There are many whys and wherefores to contemplate a VPN (virtual private network) service for your iPhone.
If you use public Wi-Fi, then you could be targeted without difficulty by cyber criminals. You may also want to access region-wise streaming catalogues — like those belonging to Netflix, for instance — even if you are technically sited outside the coverage area. Or possibly, you merely want to stop your ISP from throttling your connection without your permission.
Thankfully, a VPN enables you to protect your data from hackers and conceal your true location. It hides your online forays in a secure tunnel that outsiders cannot penetrate, but you must choose wisely, a VPN provider is privy to all your online activities.
Check out our list of the best 5 VPNs for iPhones.
IPVanish is one of the most widely held VPN services in the trade for plenty of reasons. From a solid money-back guarantee and competitive pricing plans to an exceptional tier-1 service quality, IPVanish delivers a notable and remarkable package for the industry.
An ever-growing user base also speaks volumes about this company’s reliability, quality and customer care. Their VPN app for iPhone takes the large desktop client and makes it work on the smaller screens of your smartphone.
• Up to 5 devices can connect simultaneously.
• Extremely fast connection.
• Uses 256-bit encryption and allows for TCP and UDP connections.
• Live chat needs enhancement and better hours.
• Keep log-on & log-off times.
• No free version (but there is a trial version)
VyprVPN has magnificently been traversing the privacy sector for more or less three decades, and their service has only grown in quality and reach. A tier-1 service provider, VyprVPN offers higher speed and supreme security channels for their customers, adding innovative features to an already attractive package all the time.
• NAT firewall included in Pro and Premium plans
• Supports a range of protocols including Chameleon, OpenVPN, PPTP, L2TP
• 200,000+ IP’s
• Does not accept bitcoin payments
• Single user plan isn’t the cheapest in the market
• Basic plan lacks firewall
• Dump Truck storage raises the price
#3 Hide My Ass
HideMyAss has got close to a thousand servers across more than 220 countries, they have taken their expansive network and powerful desktop client and shrunk it down for iPhone, you simply cannot beat those numbers, and the built-in speed testing tool gives users a real-time feel for how fast their usage actually is. These are quality signals that you cannot argue with.
• Great yearly subscription pricing plan (and frequently run discounts)
• Instructive blog for a number of questions and answers
• Long-time user-driven community for support and help
• They log records
• Email support needs improvement
• Live chat only available 12 hours a day
If you are searching for a company that helps you surf the internet privately and with complete security, then look no further than CyberGhost VPN. They have been continually working on their mobile app solutions. Pro account holders get the treat of using their iPhone VPN app everywhere they go.
• Easy to install and use
• Sleek and simple interface
• Constant improvements
• Customer support has limited hours of availability
• Connections are slightly more unreliable than others
PureVPN is an ever- escalating provider of safe Internet channels, connecting their users to blocked networks as well as giving them a secure network for receiving and sharing sensitive information. Since its inception, PureVPN has been endeavouring to advance their service, and they continue to do so for a superior user experience all around.
• Great value annual plan
• Unlimited bandwidth universally
• Split tunnelling
• Auto connect
• Registration process is somewhat invasive and lengthy
• OpenVPN is only beta
• Log-in, log-out tracking