Just launched in America, Pokemon GO has rapidly become one of the best-selling mobile games. For some fans living outside the USA however, the game is currently not available for download. And Pokemon GO may not be available internationally for weeks or even months.
Fortunately, there is a workaround. Read on to learn how to change your Google Play or App Store region with VPN, and start playing Pokemon GO right away.
Play Pokemon GO on iOS
There are different games and apps available for download in each region in iTunes. Follow the directions below to change to the USA iTunes store on your iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV. These instructions allow you to obtain an iTunes account for the US. You don’t need an American credit card.
- Log out of your iTunes account on your Mac or PC.
- Switch your region to US in the iTunes store.
- Search for any free app.
- Select Get.
- Using the No card option, set up a new account.
- Still choosing No card, enter a local address for that region.
- Log out of your account in iTunes.
- Log back in to iTunes with the new account you just set up.
- Your region in iTunes is now effectively set to USA, and you can get Pokemon GO from outside the US.
Using VPN is very important for providing internet security and privacy by encrypting your traffic. This is especially true when you’re capturing Pokemon in public spaces like airports, hospitals, cafes, parks, or hotels. When using a public hotspot for Wi-Fi, VPN is crucial.
Play Pokemon GO on Android
In order to download Pokemon GO on an Android tablet or smartphone, your Google Play Store region will need to be changed to the USA. To do this, alter your online location with VPN, as it permits you to conceal your actual IP address. If you get the error message “This app is not compatible with any of your devices,” follow the steps below.
- Get a VPN provider that has VPN servers located in the USA.
- Install the VPN app of the chosen provider onto your Android device.
- Select an American VPN server.
- Open a VPN connection.
- Open Settings and then Apps on your Android device.
- Look for the app for the Google Play Store and click it.
- Choose Clear data and Force stop.
- Reopen the Google Store Play app and download Pokemon GO.
With these two methods, you can download Pokemon GO on your Android, iPhone, or iPad, even if you live outside the USA. VPN can also be used to switch the servers you connect with, allowing to basically avoid the infamous server crashes Pokemon GO experiences.
Tell us if this guide has been helpful to you in the comments below and see all the available VPN services to choose from in our VPN & Proxy section.